Friday

Why exactly do people blog ?

"What is it about blogging ?? Why do people blog ? Is it an online personal journal ?" - questions posed to me from a dear friend ..

To answer her question, I had this to say : Every person has a different definition of what a/"their own" blog should be like and the contents of it.

Yes, some people make it a place for revelations that the people they are surrounded with, dont know. Some people use it to market themselves to new prospective employers, some people like to share opinions and ideas about things ...and stuff happening in the world..oh and some people try to make some money that way..by just having ads or by marketing their products/ideas.. and then there are also the technical blogs, photography blogs, food blogs and lots n lots of other categories... Its also a way of creating a network of like-minded people you wouldnt otherwise know..

What ever the author's intentions, one thing, I am sure everyone agrees on: - is that its a place to share some kind of information with the world. And that information is sometimes interesting/useful/thought-provoking/entertaining to the reader and sometimes not. For me, its a place to share my thoughts, recipes and some concepts related to my work...And after I have written something, I dont know who reads it or what they think of it. Sure it would be nice for someone else to be interested.. but more than anything else, its fun for me when i come back and read it.. and thats why i do it..

Why did u start blogging ? And what do you get out of it ?

No comments:

Marketplace