Tuesday

Goodbye Grandma ...

Last week, there was an unexpected turn in my grandma's life..and in ours...She fell and had a brain injury.. I heard about that and felt extremely sad then I remembered all the wonderful things she did for me, all the love she showered on me always unconditionally...I think of all the happy times.. I have had in her presence.... I wish I had spent more time with her..

Right from the moment the first neurologist said "be prepared", we knew it was coming. There was no hope of her being what she was the day before she fell. Now her life is numbered.. either in hours or days or weeks.. This morning, I found out she is no longer alive.The first thing I felt was not sadness.. not disappointment..but a kind of relief. Dont get me wrong. I really love her a lot.. I will miss her very much..But the past one week was very intense suffering for her.. and for everyone watching her suffer ! IT comes as kind of a relief...

From now on..I will not be able to get a hug from her or a tear when I leave her house.. But she will be in my thoughts and in my heart...I'd remember her always as being my favorite grandma.. who was a great cook.. and a wonderful homemaker, the most innocent and the sweetest person I have ever known in my life.. Goodbye Grandma.. I will miss you.

No comments:

Marketplace